It’s now easier than ever to keep your family safe from COVID-19.
Thanks to our partners at the NYC Test & Trace Corps and the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, select NYC public schools are offering free COVID-19 vaccinations to all New Yorkers, ages 12 and up. Getting vaccinated at a school site is safe, easy, and confidential, and no appointment is necessary—just walk in and get your “jab,” and you’ll be doing your part to help keep yourself, your neighborhood, and your school community safe!
To see which schools are offering vaccines, visit our Coronavirus Update page for dates, locations, and times.
Here’s what you need to know about getting the COVID-19 vaccine:
- You will not need to provide proof of immigration status or a social security number to get vaccinated. Identification (ID) is only required for proof of age.
- You do not need health insurance to get vaccinated
- For all individuals under 18, a parent or legal guardian must provide consent.
- Students aged 12–15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (or another adult designated by a parent/guardian) while at the vaccination site.
- For students ages 16–18, parental consent may be provided over the phone.
- All records and information associated with vaccination are kept strictly confidential.
- Vaccines are administered by trained medical professionals.
- On-site telephone interpretation in multiple languages will be available.
That being said, while getting the COVID-19 vaccine is strongly recommended, vaccinations are not mandatory. However, it is worth noting that citywide vaccination has already dramatically reduced COVID-19 positivity rates across the five boroughs, helping to reopen the City and restore in-person gathering. To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit NYC’s official COVID-19 webpage.
Interested in reserving a vaccination appointment? Use the official NYC COVID-19 Vaccine Finder to find a vaccination site near you with available appointment slots.
On behalf of the DOE, we wish all New Yorkers a safe and healthy summer!