As the fall season makes way for the winds of winter and NYC public schools prepare for Winter Recess, it’s time for us to take a look back at the Public Schools Athletic League’s (PSAL) fall 2018 season and celebrate the outstanding student-athletes and high schools who earned championships for the 2018–19 school year.
Thousands of City student-athletes participated in 11 PSAL sports in fall 2018, but only a select few earned the right to be called “champions.” See which students and schools earned trophies, banners, and rings below!
Baseball (Multiple Pathways League)
- Divisional Winner: International Community High School
- Boys: Susan Wagner High School
- Girls: New Dorp High School
- Boys: Nicholas Palmeri (Susan E. Wagner H.S.)
- Girls: Maya Avilez (New Dorp H.S.)
- Boys Varsity: Susan E. Wagner H.S.
- Boys JV: Susan E. Wagner H.S.
- Girls Varsity: Benjamin Cardozo H.S.
- Girls JV: Brooklyn Technical H.S.
- Boys XC Champion: Evan Sherman (Brooklyn Tech)
- Girls XC Champion: Lucinda Doogan (Brooklyn Tech)
- Team: Brooklyn Technical High School
- Foil: Kirel Lesnikov (Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School)
- Epee: Joshua Shuster (McKee Vocational/Staten Island Technical High School)
- AAA (Championship): Erasmus Hall Campus
- AA (Bowl Championship): James Madison H.S.
- A (Cup Championship): KIPP NYC College Prep
- Girls: Hunter College H.S.
- Girls: Haelyne Uhm (Benjamin Cardozo H.S.)
Divisional Winners (Boys):
- A: Martin Luther King, Jr. Campus
- B: Academy of American Studies
Divisional Winners: (Girls):
- A: Beacon High School
- B: Long Island City High School
Swimming & Diving
- Girls: Stuyvesant High School
- Girls Championship (A): Beacon High School
- Girls Bowl Championship (B): Queens High School of Inquiry
- Singles: Miriam Aziz (McKee H.S./Staten Island Tech)
- Doubles: Christina Huynh & Rachel Musheyev (Bronx Science)
- Girls A: Stuyvesant High School
- Girls B: Eleanor Roosevelt H.S.
- Girls MPL: International Community H.S.