Ready to make your voice heard on Election Day this November?
Here’s a sample of what will be on the ballot this Election Day:
- All 435 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives (including 27 seats in New York State);
- One-third of all U.S. Senate seats (including one in NYS);
- 36 state gubernatorial seats (ours, too);
- Hundreds of mayoral seats; and
- Thousands of local and statewide ballot initiatives.
So, given these stakes, are YOU ready for Election Day?
Remember; voting is central to our democracy, so if you are a U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older, and a City resident, we urge you to do the following in order to ensure that your voice is heard this Election Day:
- Register to vote in New York State by Friday, October 12;
- Verify your voter registration status;
- If you recently moved and would like to update your voter registration status, you may do so until Friday, October 12.
- Find your polling site location; and
- Learn more about your local representatives at the City, State, and national levels.
We also urge City students to help their friends and fellow classmates get involved in this year’s election season! The City’s new DemocracyNYC initiative is seeking high school students who would like to help eligible students register to vote. Check out the DemocracyNYC portal page, and register today!
For more information about voting as an NYC resident, please visit voting.nyc or call 311.
We hope to see you all at the voting booth on Tuesday, November 6!