Ready to get your paws wet this summer?
Learn to Swim offers swimming classes for toddlers (1 1/2 years to 5 years old), children (6 to 17 years old), and adults (18 years old or older) at the City’s outdoor pools in all five boroughs. To register, interested residents have to apply through a free online lottery system by using a valid email address beginning on Monday, June 11, at 7 a.m.
Classes are divided into four sessions, and classes are held each day while in session:
- Session 1: July 6 – July 19
- Session 2: July 23 – August 3
- Session 3: August 7 – August 17
- Advanced Session: August 20 – August 24
You can register yourself or a child for up to three sessions, and you or your child may register for one class per session.
Interested? Keep in mind the following dates and times, as these will be the last times you can enter the lottery for each session:
- Session 1: Sunday, June 24, at 11:59 p.m.
- Session 2: Monday, July 9, at 12:00 p.m.
- Session 3: Monday, July 30, at 12:00 p.m.
- Advanced Session: Monday, August 13, at 12:00 p.m.
Residents who submit lottery forms will be emailed about the status of their applications no later than Tuesday, June 26 for Session 1, Wednesday, July 11 for Session 2, and Wednesday, August 1 for Session 3. Lottery applicants who are not chosen will be placed on a waiting list.
For more information about the Learn to Swim program, including locations, times, lottery rules and program details, visit the Parks Department’s webpage.