Wow; April 2018 has been quite a month!
In case you missed it (ICYMI):
- We welcomed Chancellor Carranza to New York and gave him a taste (ha!) of City schools across the five boroughs;
- Students in Grades 3–8 took this year’s State ELA exams;
- City high school juniors participated in the DOE’s rescheduled SAT School Day; and
- The DOE released its official calendar for the 2018–19 School Year.
Now that April is pretty much behind us (stay away, cold weather!), it is time to check out what’s in store for NYC schools for the month of May, courtesy of the DOE’s official Schools Calendar:
|Tues., May 1 – Wed., May 2||NY State Mathematics Exams
For City students in grades 3–8
|Wednesday, May 2||Last Day for Late Applications (Pre-K)
For families with children born in 2014 who have yet to apply for admission to any of NYC’s pre-kindergarten programs.
|Monday, May 28||Memorial Day
All City public schools are closed.
Some quick notes about this month’s schedule:
- New York State Mathematics Examinations
Students in grades 3–8 who attend schools in New York State will take the State’s Mathematics exams on Tuesday, May 1 – Wednesday, May 2. Families and students who have questions regarding these State Math exams should speak with their teachers directly or visit our Math webpage.
- Pre-K Admissions
Families with children born in 2014 who have yet to apply for admissions to any of the City’s pre-kindergarten programs can submit Late Applications until Wednesday, May 2. To learn more, check out our post right here on The Morning Bell.
That’s all for this month. We hope you all have a great May!