Great news for parents who are planning to place their children into kindergarten by next fall:
The DOE has just extended its kindergarten admissions deadline to Friday, January 19, 2018!
So if you are a New York City resident with a child born in 2013, and have yet to apply for this year’s kindergarten admissions process, you can apply to kindergarten one of three ways:
- Online via the DOE’s application site;
- By phone at 718-935-2009;
- In person at your local Family Welcome Center.
Let’s recap who can apply to kindergarten in NYC:
- City families with children born in 2013
(aka: five-year olds or kids who turn five in 2018);
- Current pre-k students
(district schools, Pre-K Centers, NYC Early Education Centers, charter schools, private schools, and parochial schools);
- Students who move to the City during the admissions process;
- Students with disabilities;
- English language learners; and
- Students in temporary housing.
And with hundreds of great elementary schools located throughout the five boroughs, City families have access to some outstanding program options. To learn more about the public elementary schools available in your school district, use our online School Search tool to identify your district, and then check out one of our Borough Directories to learn more about programs near you.
Remember: the kindergarten admissions deadline is now Friday, January 19, 2018, so start working on your child’s application and review your options TODAY!