Thinking about becoming a teacher?
Know someone who would love to teach, but is not sure what path he/she needs to take to arrive at a career in an NYC classroom?
On Wednesday, November 15, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., the DOE will host the second annual Teach NYC! Conference, an event where aspiring teachers can network, participate in informational sessions, and ask questions about teaching in New York City public schools. Attendees from all walks of life are invited to this free event, including:
- Professionals considering career changes;
- Undergraduate or graduate students of all majors;
- DOE paraprofessional or substitute teachers;
- Educational support staff members or volunteers;
- Educators interested in living and working in NYC, and;
- Veterans and retirees.
The event will include refreshments, a welcome address, and three breakout sessions that will give attendees opportunities to learn about the topics and pathways that interest them the most.
Interested in attending this event? Please register, as registration is required for all attendees.
Questions? Contact staff members within the DOE’s Office of Teacher Recruitment and Quality at email@example.com